10/12/2015 05:20:00 pm

Collaborate with another blogger [Blogtober]

Hi guys, this is Sara from http://herelectricocean.blogspot.co.uk/, and I've done an interview with her, below, for my Blogtober post today. Let's start:

1. Zelus: When did you start your blog and what does it focus on? How did you come up with that name?
Sara: Her electric ocean started out solely as a fashion/beauty blog aimed at teenage girls under the name “my turquoise summer dress”. However, as time went by, I found that while my interest in fashion and beauty have remained, I enjoyed writing lifestyle-focused posts much more. Thus, “My turquoise summer dress” changed to “her electric ocean”. Now, this lovely little blog has a focus on positive living from a young woman’s point of view; from my thoughts on life, happy thoughts, and little gems of advice, I write in the hopes of encouraging and inspiring people just like you.

2. Zelus: Name a couple of blogs that you enjoy reading and also inspired you
Sara: I love Louise’s “Amazing advertisers” posts on her blog sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.co.uk. Every month, she posts a new addition to the collection of bloggers who want to be advertised by her. I love how Louise gives her own description of each blog and her personalised opinion of what makes each blog great; and it’s such a good way for me to find new blogs to read! 

I also love Hannah Gale, she’s such a humorous writer, and her pictures are always wonderful!

3. Zelus: Let’s talk about YOU.
Interests?
some quirky habits?
favourites [books/movies/songs/quotes]?
Sara: I recently bought a new book “Calm” by Michael Acton Smith, which encouraged me to try out meditation, which I am now trying to do 10 minutes of once a day. It’s definitely hard disciplining myself to take those 10 minutes out of my busy life, but when I do it’s so rewarding and relaxing.

I adore collecting quotes, too. I've got a mini notebook full of just over 1,000 quotes, some of which I have used in my thursday thoughts posts.

3 of my favourite quotes are:

"You have the right to endure and that is something struggle can never take away from you"

"Take what comes your way as an opportunity, no a burden. There is always a plan, sometimes it just takes a little longer to understand the journey of life, but in the end, everything is meant to be"

"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"

4. Zelus: Cool, I also love collecting quotes. What are you passionate (fangirling) about?
Sara: Among my friends, I've always been known as a huge fangirl. I've been a huge fan of all time low for some years now, and am actually planning on seeing them live next February for the third time. Other bands I'm into include 5 seconds of summer, Sleeping with Sirens, PVRIS, and lower than atlantis. Yeah, they're all pop punk, and maybe not what you'd expect from someone like me, but I love them dearly. 

5. Zelus: Something you want to say to my readers?
Sara: Someone once said that "trouble is part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough". Now, I have no clue who first said or wrote that, but I keep on seeing it plastered all over tumblr, twitter, facebook and just about every other social media site you can imagine. It's important, because trouble is just something we have to deal with. And yeah, sometimes you might feel like your trouble is insignificant because it's not as big as someone else's, but the fact is that that is just not true. Whatever you're struggling with, whatever is making you upset or feel out of control, it matters. It matters because it's hurting you, and you're having to battle it. So I want to encourage you that it's okay to ask for help. It's okay if your trouble is one tiny thing, or a million big things. It matters because you matter. It's not easy to ask for help, or talk about the things that you struggle with, but once you take that first step of bravery and honesty, I assure you, your friends will do all they can to support you and make you feel better.

Thank you Sara for your wonderful advice, and your time, for the interview! 

That's all for today, my awesome readers! Remember, if you want to collaborate with me, guest post, interview or anything else, just fill in the contact form or send me an email. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.