3/09/2015 11:18:00 pm

Arsenal fan

If you don't already know, I am a huge fan or Arsenal F.C. Please don't tell me you don't know who they are. I'd have to get out my (non-existent) inflatable mallet, something like that but far more intimidating, in red and white, and Arsene Wenger's face on it:

Just kidding. 
Quick summary: Arsenal is the best team in the whole world. We've got a manager whose name sounds like the club (Arsene Wenger, Arsenal), great legends, great stadium, awesome kits, and brilliant players. Just to name a few (and my top favourites): Sanchez, Wilshere, Gibbs, Koscielny, Oxlaide-Chamberlain. 
(This team photo was taken at the start of the season, so missing some new transfers who came in during the season-Gabriel.)
Anyway, what was it I wanted to talk about? Oh yes. Being an Arsenal fan.
I started supporting Arsenal at around ten or eleven, for some reason. It was either: reading about a girl character in a book, in an all boys team, and she supported Arsenal; or seeing their home kit and liked their club crest, so I supported them. Not a very exciting starting reason, I know. But Arsenal was not the first English Premier League (EPL) club I had known-I had friends (an and uncle) who were Manchester United (Man Utd) fans; I had known this pair of brothers who were football fanatics, and both were Reds (Liverpool fans). I wasn't really interested in those clubs. But Arsenal somehow made me want to stay loyal to the club for a long time to come. 

It was not easy being an Arsenal fan- last season (13/14) we had won the FA Cup (the Ladies too), and before then we had a long period without any silverware. 
Let's be honest, Man Utd fans were either loved or hated. And I have met several who questioned the club I supported. For Man Utd fans (sorry guys), to retaliate, I simply commented, "You know, I felt really bad for you last season (13/14). You had to extend the league table just to find your club." That shut them up for a bit. 

Speaking of the devils, we are playing them in a couple of hours (around 4). I desperately want the Gunners to win. And beat Liverpool as well. I know that's a bit far-fetched, but we are above them in the table.. for now. And if (when) Arsenal does just that, I can also rub it in my Reds and Devils friends' faces. All good.

I know that Arsenal's main rival is Spurs (officially Tottenham Hotspurs), but since I don't have any friends who are Spurs, I am quite okay with them. 

*Note: this blog post is not meant to direct any offence to any particular individual. The writer is just stating her position and thoughts on Arsenal and the rivalries. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.